Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Andy Warhol Makes Me Sick.

Actually that's not true--of the artists I lectured about yesterday, I rather enjoy Warhol's take on our consumerist society. But this doesn't change the fact that I was overcome by nausea during the course of my lecture on contemporary art, and barely managed to finish the class before I became violently ill. But I don't blame Warhol for this. Or even Christo and Jean-Claude. Remember, 20th c. art isn't about end product, it's about process....

I seem to have gotten some kind of weirdo comment-spam in the prior entry, which causes the comments window to immediately forward to a new web address when you open it. Or, at least, that's what happens when I open it. Beats me. Hopefully it won't happen again.
And in other news.... hmm. I have no other news. The dining room completion has been delayed because the woodwork we cut doesn't quite fit perfectly; after two more weeks of frantic activity, the semester will be all over but the cryin' (or the gradin', as the case may be;) and I have another bunch of contract work at the museum I work for, which should make the holiday season a bit brighter in a financial sense. A plus, considering the New Roof is about to eat the entirety of my bank account....