Sunday, August 22, 2004

Gimme a G! Gimme an E! Gimme an N! Gimme a CON!
What's That Spell?? NERDCON!!


I just spent the better part of a week in GenCon mode. This means out-of-town guests, an orgy of game-related activities, and cash flowing away like water down a hill. It feels like I've been running non-stop since Wednesday; while I've had a great time, I'm utterly dead tired and looking forward to a nice quiet evening at home, painting the minis I bought to sell on Ebay. I'll blab at more length about the con on my gaming blog, which has lain fallow and dusty since....er....February, apparently. Hmm. I fail.

Mainly, though, I spent much of this weekend eating and drinking through the kindness of others. I was bought lunches, dinners, beers, toys, and snacks by friends both local and visiting. Alex, Karen, Rob, Gareth, Andy--your generosity was much appreciated. Really. Next Gencon, dinner is on me!

And in the meantime, I'm happy to announce that A Cautionary Tale has decided on its Official Endorsement for the 2004 Presidential Election. Throw your votes behind the candidate who IS a Weapon of Mass Destruction! No More Years! No More Years!